Following the ‘Sink Hole’ Southern have introduced an emergency timetable on top of the existing emergency timetable for trains from London Bridge.
Chairperson Steve Trygg of the Reigate, Redhill and District Rail Users Association has sent the following letter to Southern Rail.
A letter from RRDRUA Chairperson Steve Trygg to Southern Rail
Re Redhill Route : Reigate, Redhill and District Rail Users’ Association
I am normally the first to back up Southern Rail in the difficult situation the Southern Rail service has found itself in over the last few years, but todays emergency timetable on an emergency timetable has made me very angry indeed, as well as being very disappointed.
The Emergency Timetable shows again the contempt that Southern Rail treats the Redhill route with and it is getting way beyond acceptable.
Firstly, at the station where Southern has already cut 55.5% of Peak London Bridge Services in 2015, that Southern then decides should not to have any peak or other service to London Bridge today. Yes, even our decimated peak services did not run. Whereas a large % of services from East Grinstead (which is peak only), Uckfield and Caterham/Tattenham trains ran.
Then off peak – where Southern has already cut in your emergency timetable all services to Victoria (meaning our 28 minute journey to Victoria is now 48-52 minutes depending on connections if any at East Croydon), that you then truncate/cancel our service to London Bridge meaning we have NO direct services to the main terminuses in London at all.
However Off-peak – East Grinstead, Uckfield, Caterham and Tattenham who have no off-peak cuts in services, all get a full normal off-peak service.
Why does the Redhill Route have to continually suffer from a lesser service than any other Southern Routes, especially in disruption?
Over the last few years Redhill Misery Route has been constantly Southerns worst performing route by a country mile! When are Southern going to create some focus on the Redhill Route to correct these problems and show fairness when cutting trains or are we to continue being the sacrificial lamb to all the other Southern Routes?
It is totally unacceptable the service reductions today even with the big problems you have. As I said Southern has treated Redhill Route customers with utter contempt in a very difficult period.
The Sink Hole impact (19 July 2016)
Southern and Thameslink have confirmed passengers may use:
- London Underground services between the London Terminals (including London Victoria, London Blackfriars, London St Pancras International, and London Bridge)
- London Overground services in the South London area
- London Buses in the South London areaSoutheastern services in Kent,
- Tonbridge, and the South Coast. You can use your ticket between Lewisham and London Bridge
- Gatwick Express between London Victoria and Gatwick Airport / Brighton
- Tramlink services between Beckenham Junction and Wimbledon via East Croydon
- South West Trains between Portsmouth / Southampton / Dorking and London Waterloo
London Bridge to Horsham trains are starting from East Croydon this afternoon. As you know all Victoria to Redhill trains are cancelled
For Merstham and Redhill (plus Reigate/Tonbridge) best bet is to go to Blackfriars for a through train to Redhill – it is slow through south London but direct and without change at ECR
Earlswood/Salfords and Horley customers may prefer to get first train to East Croydon and pick up Horsham service there
Train Running information
- 16:29 London Bridge to Horsham due 17:44 – This train will be started from East Croydon.
- 6:59 London Bridge to Horsham due 18:14 – This train will be started from East Croydon.
- 17:32 London Bridge to Horsham due 18:50 – This train will be started from East Croydon.
- 17:59 London Bridge to Horsham due 19:09 – Totally cancelled
- 18:26 London Bridge to Horsham due 19:47 – This train will be started from East Croydon.
- 18:55 London Bridge to Horsham due 20:14 -This train will be started from East Croydon.
- 19:33 London Bridge to Horsham due 20:42 – This train will be started from East Croydon.
- xx:08 LBG to Horsham trains will start from East Croydon
- xx:38 LBG to Horsham trains will start from Victoria (not calling CLJ)
- Trains to Redhill are xx:08 and xx:38 until 16:38 (all call at Merstham)
- Then 17:20, 17:52, 18:30 & 19:08 – all Redhill only