With the strike going ahead as planned, here’s our understanding of the options available for travel into London for Redhill route passengers.
Planned Strike Week Running information
REDHILL – Trains running – PEAK to London
- To London Bridge 06:34 …………………and that’s it
- To Blackfriars 05:04, 05:34, 06:26, 07:11, 08:11, 09:25
- To Victoria 07:21, 07:51, 08:21, 08:50, 09:21
REDHILL – Trains Running – Off Peak
- To Blackfriars from 11:17 – xx:17 and xx:47 – last train 17:19 (although there is one at 00:48??)
- To London Victoria – all daytime – xx:21 & xx:51 to 16:51, then 17:28, 17:57, 18:26 & 18:51
- LAST TRAIN TO LONDON 18:51
REDHILL – Trains Running – return from London
- Blackfriars from 10:08 – xx:08 & xx:38 until 16:38
- Evening Peak 17:20, 17:52, 18:30 & 19:08
- Victoria from 07:09 – xx:09 & xx:39 – to 16:09
EVENING PEAK 16:36, 17:03, 17:35, 18:04, 18:35 and that’s it
- No Service from London Bridge
- Merstham – NO PEAK SERVICES
- EARLSWOOD/SALFORDS – CLOSED
- NUTFIELD / GODSTONE and TONBRIDGE BRANCH CLOSED
- Horley – NO PEAK SERVICES
Southern have suggested they hope to run an evening service from Victoria to Redhill (leaving Victoria at xx:09 & xx:39 to 23:39). They cannot confirm they can because it depends on numbers of Drivers/Guards turning up – they will not know if they can until late Monday Morning – they will publicise if it does happen.
DORKING (All services running as normal)
- Southern will run DOO services to/from Victoria roughly every half hour – they take about an hour as they stop at most stations via Sutton
- SWT run trains every half hour to Waterloo (via Clapham Junction) and they take about 55 minutes
ALTERNATIVE KINGSWOOD (or Chipstead)
- A little known station on the Tattenham Corner branch which is just over the other side of the M25 – about 10 mins drive from Reigate/Redhill.
- All services are DOO so will be running as normal
- Trains run to LONDON BRIDGE approx. every half hour and take 55 minutes in peak and 50 minutes off peak.
- There are also a few Victoria trains in the peak
- Go Via GATWICK AIRPORT after Redhill services finish and catch
Thameslink 00:39 to Redhill or
- GWR service from Gatwick to Redhill and Reigate
Depart Gatwick at 20:03, 21:03, 22:22 & 23:18
- Don’t forget 100 bus also runs between Gatwick and Redhill – see Metrobus for times
Options using MetroBus
- Between Redhill & Reigate on routes 420, 430, 435 & 460.
- Between Redhill, Earlswood, Salfords, Horley, Gatwick, Crawley and Three Bridges on routes 100, 400 & 460
- Between Redhill, Nutfield, Godstone on route 400 between Redhill Station, Nutfield (A25) & Godstone village (not evenings).